Finseal Glow WB is an advanced formulation water based protective coating for a wide range of trafficable concrete, decorative paving and masonry surfaces. Finseal Glow WB is an ideal low VOC solution for use on driveways as it is vehicle trafficable and will protect against hot tyre pickup. This hard-wearing and flexible sealer has strong adhesion properties and resistance to petrol, oil, mould, algae and protects substrates from the ingress of dirt, grime and organic matter. It enhances the appearance and resists deterioration of the treated surface, while being a hazmat free alternative to solvent based sealers.
1 x 20L
Areas to be treated must be clean, dry, free from oil, grease and surface curing compounds.
Freshly Laid Concrete
After surface finishing the concrete must be free of bleed water and sufficiently set to be firm and able to be walked on without marking or damaging the surface.
For New Uncured Concrete
Remove all dirt, grease, oil, paint or curing compounds with Finseal Paveclean / TyreClean or suitable general-purpose cleaner or stripper. Thoroughly wash and pressure clean surface.
A light acid etch prior to application is recommended to ensure unreacted laitance is removed prior to applying to new stamped or exposed aggregate concrete.
Pressure clean surface at minimum 2000psi to prepare for sealing. Allow surface to dry prior to application of the sealer.
Existing Unsealed Concrete
Ensure surface is thoroughly prepared and dirt, grease, staining, oils and contaminants are removed with Fincare Paveclean / TyreClean followed by thorough scrubbing or pressure washing at minimum of 2000psi.
A light acid etch prior to application is recommended to ensure unreacted laitance and loose cementitious material is removed prior to sealing and increase penetration of the prime coat.
Pressure clean surface with a minimum 2000psi to prepare for sealing. Allow surface to dry prior to application of the sealer.
Previously Sealed Concrete
- Ensure surface is thoroughly prepared and dirt, grease, staining, oils and contaminants are removed with Fincare Paveclean / TyreClean followed by thorough scrubbing or pressure washing at minimum of 2000psi.
- Assess any existing sealer is sound, free of delamination and surface whitening. Undertake a cross hatch pull off test to a small area to assess adhesion of existing coating for further sealing.
- If the existing sealer is unsuitable it is recommended that this be completely stripped off prior to new sealer being applied.
Apply Finseal Glow WB with a low pressure spray unit, lambswool roller or broom.
Care must be taken not to apply thick coats as excessive build may cause the film to blush when subjected to ponding.
A minimum of 2 coats must be applied as part of the sealing system.
- Slowly stir the material until thoroughly mixed to ensure an even look and sealing properties.
- Apply sealer with low pressure spray unit, lambswool roller or brush at sufficient rate to achieve consistent coverage in even coats.
- Pour material into a tray for application by roller or brush. If spraying, ensure to back roll or broom out any puddles or uneven application areas.
- Apply the second coat in the opposite direction to the first without thinning.
- Subsequent coats can be applied when tack free and a recoat window of 24 hours for chemical adhesion without further preparation.